Skip to content
Today History -25 March 2019
Important Events of March 25
- 421 – Venice city was founded in Italy.
- 1306 – Robert Bruce became the new King of Scotland
- 1668 – For the first time horse racing was organized in America.
- 1669 – Fierce eruption in the volcano Mount Etna on the island of Sicily, more than 20 thousand people died.
- 1700 – England, France and the Netherlands signed the Second Abolition Treaty.
- 1788 – The first advertisement of Indian language Bengali published in the newspaper ‘Calcutta Gadget’.
- 1807 – The first passenger rail service started in England.
- 1807 – UK Parliament Ends Slavery Trade
- 1821 – Greece secures independence from Turkey
- 1883 – Launch of ‘Sea Kenya’, the world’s most modern ocean science research ship.
- 1896 – The inauguration of the modern Olympic Games in Athens, capital of Greece.
- 1898 – Swami Vivekananda accepted Sister Nivedita as his disciple.
- 1901 – Mercedes car was presented to the public. From then on, a new era of cars with features and new definition of luxury began.
- 1954 – The country’s first helicopter S-55 was launched in Delhi.
- 1980 – UK Olympic Association participated in the Olympics in Moscow, despite opposition from the British government.
- 1987 – The permanent secretariat of SAARC countries opened in Nepal’s capital, Kathmandu.
- 1988 – NASA launches the spacecraft S206
- 1989 – Dedicated to the country’s first supercomputer X-MP 14 nation built in the US.
- 1995 – Famous boxer Mike Tyson is released from prison after three years of imprisonment
- 1999 – India announces exemption of visa cases to eight classes of Pakistani nationals
- 2001 – More than a thousand people die due to the tremendous earthquake that came 100 miles away from Kabul, Afghanistan’s capital.
- 2003 – Iraq occupying Saddam canal and the Farhat bridge.
- 2005 – United Nations Security Council clears peace for Sudan
- 2007 – Team India World Cup out of cricket
- 2008 – Tata Group’s Pune-based firm ‘Commutation Research Laboratories’ tied up with International firm ‘Yahoo’.
- 2008 – Spacecraft Endeavor successfully proceeded from its International Space Station after completing its mission.
- 2011- Orissa’s name to be named Odisha was approved in the Rajya Sabha even after Lok Sabha on Thursday.
- 2011 – Seven-year imprisonment was imposed on cash-tearing or smearing coins in coin production bill 2011.
Born on 25th March
- 1838 – William Weederburn – President of Indian National Congress
- 1905 – Famous Indian politician Mirza Rashid Ali Beg was born.
- 1943 – Sharad Ram Sharma, Indian poet.
- 1948- Farrukh Sheikh – Bollywood actor, famous actor
Died on March 25
- 1931 – editor of Pratap, a weekly magazine, freedom fighter Ganesh Shankar Vidyalaya, a freedom fighter and reformist leader of the freedom struggle, died in the Hindu-Muslim riots in Kanpur.
- 1975 – Deewa Zivaratinam, Indian politician.
- 1975 – Shah Faisal, the ruler of Saudi Arabia, was killed by his nephew, Prince Faisal bin Mudad.
- 2003 – Adam Osborn, who creates the first portable computer, dies
- 2011 – Kamala Prasad – Famous Critic of Hindi
- 2014 – Nanda – Famous Film Actress
Important Opportunities and Celebrations of March 25
- Shree Jayanti
- Fair Navchandi Launch (Meerut).
- Fair Guru Sri Ram Rai (Dehradun).
- Mr. Vijay Govind Halankar Day (Manipur)
- Shri Ganesh Shankar Vidyalaya Balidad Day