Important events of 24th March
- 1837 – Black citizens were given the right to vote in Canada
- 1855 – Long distance message was sent to Telegraph for the first time between Calcutta (now Calcutta) to Delhi.
- 1878 – British ship submerged uridis, killing 300 people
- 1883 – New York and Chicago talk to phone for the first time.
- 1882 – Identification of TB Scientific Bacillus Robert Koch was later awarded the Nobel Prize.
- 1932 – Radio broadcast from the first train in the United States.
- 1959 – Iraq separates itself from the Baghdad Treaty.
- 1977 – Morarji Desai became the fourth Prime Minister of India, and for the first time he created a non-Congress government at the Center.
- 1990 – Indian Army leaves Sri Lanka and returns home.
- 1993 – Ezar Wiseman elected President of Israel
- 1998 – Due to a severe storm in India through Danan, 250 people were killed and 3000 were injured.
- 1999 – P.N. Bhagwati (India) elected vice president of United Nations Human Rights Committee for the second consecutive term.
- 2003 – World Tuberculosis Day was celebrated throughout the world to increase public awareness and to continue efforts to control it for the prevention of tuberculosis.
- 2007 – Matthew Hayden of Australia made the fastest century of the World Cup.
- 2008 – Sixth Pay Commission recommends an average salary increase of 40% for the Central Government employees and officers.
- 2008 – XL Telecom and Energy Limited has received an order to export solar panels of EUR 53 billion 90 million in Europe.
- 2008 – Polling for lower house in Nepal concludes.
- 2008 – Pakistan People’s Party leader Yusuf Raza Gilani was elected as the new Prime Minister of Pakistan
- 2013 – 17 soldiers killed in a suicide attack on a military checkpoint in north Waziristan, Pakistan.
Born on 24th March
- 1863 – Satyendra Prashen Sinha – Famous Indian Advocate and Politician
- 1892 – Haribhau Upadhyaya – Famous Litterateur and Rashtraseek of India
- 1979 – Imran Hashmi, Hindi film actor
- 1984 – Adrian D’Souza, Indian hockey player
Died March 24
- 1603 – Empress Elizabeth I was the Queen of England.
- 1971 – Rashtraman Prasad Singh – was one of the modern prose actors of Hindi.
Important Opportunities and Celebrations of March 24
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Jayanti (As per date).
- World TB (tuberculosis, tuberculosis) day (WHO).