Skip to content
Today History -23 March 2019
Important events of 23rd March
- 1351 – The nephew of Mohammad bin Tughluq Firoz Shah sitting on the throne of Tughlaq
- 1357 – Lord Clive defeats the French and occupy Chandannagar.
- 1630 – France’s army occupies Piernolo Piedmount
- 1832 – The UK Parliament passed the Amendment Bill.
- 1835 – Charles Darwin arrives in Los Angeles.
- 1836 – Franklin Bell invented the printing press on the coin.
- 1839 – The first word of the word OK is used.
- 1918 – Lithuania announces independence.
- 1919 – Benito Mussolini launches fascist movement in Italy’s Milan
- 1920 – The Communist Party of India (PKI) was formed.
- 1931 – Revolutionary Bhagat Singh and his associates Rajguru and Sukhdev were hanged on the day of today during the Indian independence movement.
- 1934 – US Congress recognized the independence of the Philippines in 1945.
- 1940 – All India Muslim League demands separate country for Muslims
- 1950 – United Nations established world Meteorological Department.
- 1956 – Pakistan becomes the first Islamic Republic of the world.
- 1965 – NASA first sent two people to space with the Gemini 3 spacecraft.
- 1983 – US President Ronald Reagan announced the strategic defense management strategic strategies.
- 1986 – The first women’s women in the Central Reserve Police Force were trained.
- 1987 – 31 people have been injured in a car bomb attack in a British military garrison of West Germany. The explosion was so horrible that the road was completely demolished.
- 1995 – Renato Rugieiro appointed the first Director General of the World Trade Organization.
- 1995 – Viswanathan Anand of India wins the Final Series of Professional Chase Association Candidates
- 1996 – For the first time in Taiwan, elections were held directly for the president, in which Lee Teng Hui was elected as the President.
- 1999 – Murder of Vice-President Pui Maria Aggana of Paraguay
- 2001 – Water Memorial of Russian Space Station ‘Mir’
- 2003 – Wadeers in South Africa defeated Australia by 125 runs to win the World Cup in World Cup Cricket final.
- 2006 – Australia overwhelms North Korean ship Pons Go to blame for smuggling.
- 2007 – India beat Sri Lanka in World Cup cricket.
- 2008 – India successfully test-fired a ground-breaking missile ‘Agni-1’.
- 2008 – American space travelers Robert Wenken and Sike Foreman have made the final spacewalk to repair the International Space Station.
- 2008 – NASA saw a space explosion that reached 7.5 billion light-years from Earth.
- 2012 – Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar became the first cricketer to score 100 centuries in international cricket.
- 2014 – US and European Union banned Russia
Born on 23rd March
- 1614 – Jahanara, Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and the eldest daughter of ‘Mumtaz Mahal’.
- 1880 – Basanti Devi – India’s freedom fighter
- 1910 – Indian freedom fighter Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia was born in Faizabad district of Uttar Pradesh.
- 1951 – English businessman Adrian Renaudord, who founded the Reynord Motorsport, was born.
- 1976 – Smriti Irani – Former Television Actress, Leading Female Leader of ‘Bharatiya Janata Party’
Died March 23
- 1931 – Famous revolutionary of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru, India’s famous patriot and martyr.
- 1965 – Suhasini Ganguly – Indian freedom fighter.
- 1992 – Gurdial Singh Dhillon – fifth Lok Sabha Speaker of India.
Important events and festivities of March 23
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Jayanti (according to Mithin).
- Amar Shahid Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev Shahidi Day
- Dr. Ram Mannohar Lohia Jayanti
- Mrs. Smriti Irani’s Birthday
- Pakistan Day
- World Meteorological Day