Important events of 18th March
- 1801 – The first Ordnance Factory was established in India.
- 1910 – Gopal Krishna Gokhale proposed a proposal before the British Legislative Council for free and compulsory primary education provision.
- 1922 – Mahatma Gandhi was sentenced to six years in jail in the case of treason following the British Court’s Civil Disobedience Movement.
- 1940 – Italian dictator Benito Mussolini cooperates with Germany against England and France.
- 1944 – Azad Hind Fauj of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose entered India via Burma.
- 1953 – More than 250 people died due to earthquake in western Turkey.
- 1965 – Air force pilot Alexei Leonov of the Soviet Union made spacewalk for the first time. Since then, more than 200 passengers have already made spacewalks.
- 1966 – General Suharto created a government in Indonesia.
- 1971 – In Peru, 200 people die from landslides.
- 1974 – Most of the oil producing countries of Arabia remove trade barriers against the United States.
- 1978 – Pakistan’s former Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto has been hanged.
- 1990 – $ 500 million artifacts were stolen from the US Museum. The museum announced a reward of $ 5 million on these thieves. Despite this, none of these artifacts were known.
- 1997 – 50 people die after Russian plane crashes in Turkey
- 2000- 230 members of the Holocaust day sect committed suicide in Uganda.
- 2003 – UK Parliament convicted UK attack on Iraq to run with the United States
- 2006- United Nations approves proposal for formation of ‘Human Rights Council’
- 2007- North Korea initiates the closure of the nuclear program.
- 2008 – Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata honored with the honorary title of ‘Doctor of Science’ at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- 2008 – Sunil Bharti Mittal, President and Chief Executive Officer of Bharti Enterprises becomes the first Indian to join American Academy of Specialized Entrepreneurship.
- 2008 – Pakistan’s government disbanded the controversial Eb Intelligence Bureau head Agan Shah
- 2009- Central Board of Revenue recommends establishment of President’s Rule in Meghalaya.
- 2013- Announcing the 60th National Film Awards Pan Singh Tomar was adjudged the best film of the year 2012 at the 60th National Film Awards
- 2017 – Yogi Adityanath became the 21st Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Born on March 18
- 1914 – Gurbaksh Singh Dhillon – Officer of Azad Hind Fauj.
- 1914 – Nagendra Singh, former President of the International Court of Justice and former Chief Election Commissioner of India.
- 1938 – India’s famous actor Shashikpur was born His real name was Balbir Raj Kappur.
- 1965 – Invincible, Hindi Writer (Karma Land – Himachal Pradesh).
Death on March 18
- 1956 – Narayan Shastri Marathe – Famous Marathi scholar.
- 2000 – Rajkumari Dubey – was a prominent singer of Hindi cinema.
- 2007 – Pakistan cricket team coach Bob Woolmer dies Coach Bob Woolmer was found dead in the hotel’s bathrooms in Kingston.\
Important Opportunities and Celebrations of March 18
- Mela baba khatu shyam ji full
- Actor Mr. Shashi Kapoor Jayanti
- Ordnance Day (India) and Global Recycling Day.