Skip to content
Today History -13 March 2019
Important events of 13th March
- 1560 – Spanish Navy occupy Djerba of Tripoli
- 1878 – The Vernacular Press Act came into effect and on the very next day, the Amrit Bazar Patrika became an English newspaper.
- 1884 – America adopted standard time.
- 1921 – Mongolia achieved independence from China.
- 1940 – Indian revolutionary Udham Singh shot dead British governor Michael O Dyer in London for taking revenge on Jallianwala Bagh from London.
- 1961 – Two British women and three male officers were accused of spying for Russia. It was said that he was sending the country’s clues to Russia.
- 1961 – 145 people died in the Soviet Union due to landslides.
- 1963 – Diplomatic relations between Indonesia and the Netherlands are restored.
- 1963 – Arjuna Award for best performance in the Games was announced.
- 1964 – Turkey threatens to attack Cyprus.
- 1973 – The Constitution was adopted in Syria.
- 1996 – A gunman broke into bullets in the school of Dunblane, Scotland, in which 16 children and their teacher died.
- 1997 – Seister Nirmala was selected as Mother Leader by Mother Teresa in the Indian Missionaries of Charity.
- 1999 – Sheikh Hamad Bin Isa al-Khalifa becomes the new ruler of Bahrain.
- 1999 – After the gap of 23 years, the Government of Sri Lanka decided to reinstate the death penalty for crimes like murder and drug trafficking.
- 2002 – Robert Mugache re-elected Zimbabwe’s President.
- 2002 – Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf launches Japan Tourism, C.T.B.T. Seeking time for signing.
- 2003 – France denies UK proposals on Iraq
- 2008 – The Governor passed the Food Safety and Standards Amendment Bill, 2008.
- 2008 – ‘Hindustan Times’ and Pakistan’s newspaper ‘Don’ were awarded Kushish honors for remarkable contribution in the field of journalism.
- 2008 – NASA’s space shuttle reached Endeavor Sakucal International Space Station.
- 2008 – New York Governor Elimit Spitzer, stranded in the Sachs scandal, announces his resignation.
- 2009 – The SAARC Literature Festival began in Agra.
- 2012 – 110 people died in a collision between an oil tanker and a boat near Dhaka’s capital Dhaka.
- 2018 – 9 Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel killed in Maoist attack in Sukma of Chhattisgarh
Born on 13th March
- 1899 – Burgula Ramkrishna Rao, political leader of Andhra Pradesh
- 1971 – Soul Ranjana, famous poet of Hindi.
- 1980 – Varun Gandhi, a young politician
Death on 13th March
- 1800 – Renowned politician Nana Fadnavis of Maratha empire died in Pune, Maharashtra.
- 1996 – Shafi Inamdar, actor of Hindi films.
- 2004 – Vilayat Khan – India’s famous sitar player.
Important Opportunities and Celebrations of March 13
- Shri Chandra Prabhu Ji Moksha (Jain).
- Shri Atmaram Ranjan Birthday