Skip to content
Today History -03 April 2019
Important Events of April 3
- 1856 – Four thousand people died in a burad in a church in the Rhodes Island of Greece.
- 1922 – Joseph Stalin was appointed general secretary of the Communist Party.
- 1933 – The aircraft flew for the first time from Mount Everest, the world’s highest peak.
- 1942 – Japan initiates military action in the last world on World War II in World War II.
- 1949 – US, UK, France and Canada sign Northern Atlantic Treaty.
- 1999 – India launches first global telecommunications satellite INSAT-1E
- 2000 – A controversial rule was enacted in the UK, in which it was said that those seeking refuge in Britain would have to buy coupons from the government to buy clothes and food items.
- 2001 – Former United States President Bill Clinton arrives on a trip to India.
- 2001 – Repeat after four years between India and Denmark.
- 2002 – Pakistan’s President Pervez Musharraf’s referendum plans get Cabinet approval.
- 2006 – Maoists declare ceasefire in Nepal
- 2007 – Start of 14th SAARC Summit in New Delhi.
- 2008 – Prakash Karat was elected the CPI (M) re-general secretary
- 2008 – Medha Patkar has been embellished with the National Revolutionary Award, 2008
- 2010 – Apple’s first iPad came in the market.
- 2012 – 17 migrant laborers died in a fierce fire in Russia’s capital Moscow.
- 2013 – 46 people were killed and 100 injured in a suicide bomber in Farah, Afghanistan.
- 2013 – More than 50 people died in the devastating floods in Argentina.
- 2016 – West Indies won the ICC T20 World Cup by defeating England on the Eden Gardens ground in Kolkata.
Person born on 3rd April
- 1903 – Kamladevi Chattopadhyay – Social reformer, freedom fighters fighter and Gandhwadi women who bring a Renaissance in the field of Indian handicraft.
- 1914 – Sam Manekshaw – Former President of the Indian Army, under whose leadership India won the Indo-Pak war in 1971.
- 1918 – Oles Gonchers, author of the famous Ukrainian and novelist.
- 1922 – American singer and actress Doris Day was born.
- 1929 – Nirmal Verma- Litterateur
- 1931 – Mannu Bhandari – Litterateur
- 1954 – Dr. K. Krishnaswamy- politicians and physicians.
- 1955 – The famous singer Hariharan was born.
- 1962 – India’s famous actress and leader Jaya Prada was born.
Death on 3rd April
- 1325 – Nizamuddin Auliya, the fourth saint of the Chishti sect.
- 1680 – Shivaji – Founder of Maratha Empire
- 2010 – Infinite was one of the six founding members of the Communist Party of India (not Confirmed).
- 2017 – Kishori Amonkar – One of the leading singers of the Hindustani classical tradition and leading singer of the Jaipur family.
Important Opportunities and Celebrations of April 3
- Mother Hinglaj Jayanti
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Memorial Day
- Hindi Theater Day