Skip to content
History – 29 January 2019
Important events of January 29
- 1528 – Babur, the founder of the Mughal empire, defeated King Rana Sanga of Mewar and captured Chanderi’s fort.
- 1676 – ‘Theodore III’ became the Tsar of Russia.
- 1780 – India’s first newspaper is published in English by the name ‘Hikij Bengal Gazette’. The editor of this newspaper was ‘James Augustus Hickey’.
- 1889 – Austrian Hungarian Prince ‘Archduke Rudolf’ committed suicide after the murder of his girlfriend.
- 1916 – Germany invaded France for the first time in ‘World War I’.
- 1919 – Czech battles defeated Poland’s billet in Gallissia.
- 1939 – Ramkrishna Mission Cultural Institute was established.
- 1947 – America has left the role of mediator in China.
- 1949 – Britain recognizes Israel.
- 1953 – Sangeet Natak Akademi was established.
- 1963 – Britain can not enter Britain in the European Shared Market due to the veto of France.
- 1973 – America, Soviet Union and 17 countries hold meeting in Vienna for discussions in the military force reduction in Europe.
- 1976 – The Soviet Union agreed to the political agreement in Angola.
- 1979 – India’s first jumbo train. With two engines. Tamil Nadu Express flagged off from New Delhi station and left for Chennai.
- 1986 – American space shuttle ‘Challenger’ crashed and death of all seven astronauts aboard
- 1989 – Syria and Iran compromise to stop conflicts in Lebanon
- 1990 – Eric Hanker, a Communist leader who was ousted from East Germany, was arrested.
- 1992 – India becomes a regional ally of Asians.
- 1993 – Debut in the Test of Kriketar Vinod Kambli.
- 1994 – Government of India canceled the ‘Air Corp. Act, 1953’.
- 1996 – President Jacques Chirac of France announced the ban on nuclear testing in the future.
- 2002 – Two militants killed in Srinagar
- 2003 – Likud party of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon wins in Israel’s general elections.
- 2003 – Himachal assembly was dissolved.
- 2005 – Naxals blew up the Bharatiya Janata Party’s former president Venkaiah Naidu’s helicopter in Gaya. Venkaiah Naidu Sakulal saved.
- 2005 – Serena Williams won the women’s title of the Australian Open.
- 2007 – Actress Shilpa Shetty defeats Jackson to become the ‘Big Brother’ champion in London’s Channel 4 reality show.
- 2008 – Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee has terminated the membership of three Lok Sabha members Ramakant Yadav, Bhalchandra and Akhlask.
- 2008 – Austria declares to withdraw its troops from Iraq.
- 2009 – Fidelity buys 2.5% of Satyam Computers shares
- 2009 – Castellino UB Group CEO of Sports Marketing Become
- 2010 – Flight of the fifth generation warfare aircraft being produced under joint project of India and Russia was successfully tested for the first time in the Far East of Russia.
The person born on January 29
- 1896 – Swami Pranabanand Maharaj – founder of Bharat Seva Ashram Sangha
- 1970 – Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore – Winner of India’s famous shooter and Athens Olympic-2004 silver medalist
Death on January 29
- 1597 – Maharana Pratap – King of Shishodia dynasty in Udaipur, Mewar.
- 1983 – Peelu Modi – The Chief Leader of the Independent Party and a supporter of liberal and free economic policies in India.
- 2002 – Sarla Grewal – The second woman officer of India in the Indian Administrative Service and the former Governor of Madhya Pradesh
Important Events and Festivals of January 29
- According to the date of the birth of Shri Bhishma Patamah Jayanti (Not Confirm).
- Swami Sri Pranabanand Jayanti
- Mr. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathod Birthday
- Shri Maharana Pratap Memorial Day