Important events of February 26
- 320 – Chandragupta I was made ruler of Pataliputra.
- 1832 – The Constitution of Poland was removed.
- 1857 – The first military uprising against the British in Baharampur, West Bengal.
- 1858 – Due to efforts to reinstate the Assam royal family, Dewan Maniram Datta and Piyali Barua were executed on the execution.
- 1863 – U.S. President Lincoln signed the US Currency Act.
- 1921 – A friendship agreement between Iran and the former Soviet Union was signed.
- 1925 – Jihad against Turkish government begins
- 1936 – Army coups in Japan
- 1958 – The remains of an ancient civilization were recovered in place of Pakistan’s Kot DiGi Sindh, which was nearly three hundred years old, even from the civilization of Mohan jodaro.
- 1972 – President V.V. Giri dedicated the Vikram Earth satellite station to the country located in Arvi near Wardha.
- 1975 – The country’s first kite museum ‘Shankar Center’ was established in Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- 1991 – Iraqi army leaves Kuwait City city after attack by US and allied forces
- 1993 – Six people were killed and more than 100 injured in a bomb attack on World Trade Center in New York.
- 1994 – North Korea agrees to open its nuclear plants for international inspection.
- 1995 – S.No. on copyright issue Agreement between the US and China.
- 1999 – Winner of Five Grammy Awards, rap singer Lauryn Hill created a new record.
- 2001 – Terrorist organization Taliban destroyed two huge statues of Buddha in Bamiyan in Afghanistan.
- 2002 – Interim Prime Minister of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai reached New Delhi on a two-day visit to India.
- 2004 – Death in the plane crash of President Barack Trez Kowski of Macedonia.
- 2006 – Agreement on Iran and Russia in Atomic Amendments.
- 2007 – Announcing the nationalization of the King’s property by the Nepal Government.
- 2008 – Railway Minister Lalu Prasad presented the Railway Budget for the year 2008-09 in Parliament.
- 2008 – India successfully test-fired ballistic missile capable of carrying nuclear weapons within sea.
- 2008 – Maoist leader Prachanda has filed his nomination in the Constituent Assembly elections in Nepal.
- 2009- Hemant Laxman Gokhale, Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court, was transferred as Chief Justice of Madras High Court.
The person born on February 26
- 1887 – Benangal Narasimha Rao – an Indian Administrative Officer, lawmaker, diplomat and politician.
- 1903 – Kailash Nath Wanchoo – was the tenth Chief Justice of India.
- 1908 – Leela Majumdar, Bengali Literature
- 1946 – Mrinal Pandey, Journalist and Literary.
Death on February 26
- 1712 – Bahadur Shah I – the seventh Mughal emperor of Delhi
- 1886 – Narmad – the creator of the era of Gujarati language as the originator.
- 1887 – Anandi Gopal Joshi – India’s first female doctor.
- 1966 – Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, Indian nationalist and freedom fighter
- 2004 – President Barack Trez Kowski of Macedonian President dies in a plane crash.
Important Events and Festivals of February 26
- Shree Janaki Jayanti (fast, manifesto, mithila country).
- Veer Savarkar Memorial Day