Skip to content
History -25 February 2019
Important events of February 25
- 1760 – Clive left India for the first time and returned in 1765.
- 1788 – Pitts Regulatory Act was passed.
- 1921 – Russian occupation of Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia.
- 1925 – Diplomatic relations exist between Japan and the former Soviet Union.
- 1945 – In World War II, Turkey declared war against Germany.
- 1952 – Sixth Winter Olympics concludes in the Norwegian capital Oslo.
- 1954 – Against the selfish and brotherly niece of Syrian President Adib Sheshkali, the people of this country started armed rebellion in mountainous areas.
- 1962 – Congress party won the general elections.
- 1975 – Shah Faisal, the then ruler of Saudi Arabia, was killed by his own nephew, Faisal bin Mussad.
- 1980 – Despite the opposition and pressure of the British Olympic Association, the UK Olympic Association decided to join the Olympic Games in Moscow in July of that year.
- 1986 – With the formation of President of the Republic of Maria Corazon Akino, the rule of dictator Ferdinand Marcos in the country is over.
- 1988 – India’s first missile earth hit from surface to surface successfully launched.
- 1991 – Representatives of member countries of the Warsaw Pact announced a repeal of that treaty during a conference in Hungary.
- 2000 – Approval of Bilateral Extradition Treaty with India by Duma of Russia’s Lower Parliament
- 2003 – ‘Kuala Lumpur Declaration’ Approved at the 13th Summit of Non-Aligned Movement.
- 2006 – Deepa Mehta’s film ‘Water’ gets ‘Golden Kannari’ Award
- 2008 – HDFC And share ratio was approved for merger of Centurion Bank of Punjab
- 2008 – Film ‘Nine Country for Old Man’ was adjudged the Best Film of the Year at the 80th Oscar Academy.
- 2009 – Former army officer Dheeraj Malhotra is appointed director of the IPL tournament.
- 2011- Indian Army retains the first position in the table with 62 gold medals in the 34th National Games released in Jharkhand. Manipur secured second place after all the ups and downs.
The person born on February 25
- 1707 – Carlo Goldenoni – was a famous Italian dramatist.
- 1859 – Radhacharan Goswami – a Brahman resident, was a literary, playwright and highly respected Sanskrit scholar.
- 1894 – Religious leader Mehr Baba was born in Pune.
- 1897 – Amarnath Jha – Famous scholar of India, literary and educationist
- 1925 – Sehu Shagari – President of Nigeria
- 1948 – Danny Dunzongpa, Indian actor
- 1981 – Shahid Kapoor, Indian actor.
Death on February 25
- 1586 – Akbar’s Darbari poet Birbal was killed in a fight with rebel Yusufzai (not Confirm)
- 1970 – Mannatu Padmanabhan – famous social reformer of Kerala.
- 1971 – Vimal Prasad Chalihah – freedom fighter, politician and Chief Minister of Assam
- 1987 – S. H. Bihari – was a famous songwriter of Hindi films.
- At the age of 2001- 92, Australian cricketer Don Bradman passed away at his home in Adelaide.
- 2004 – B. Nagi Reddy, famous producer-director of South Indian Cinema
- 2008 – Hans Raj Khanna, Judge of the Supreme Court of India (born 1912).
Important Events and Festivals of February 25
- Shari’nath Patotsav (Nathdwara)
- Avtar Sri Mehar Baba Janmotsav.
- Actor Danny Danzongpa’s Birthday
- Shree Vimal Prasad Chaliah Memorial Day.