Important events of February 23
- 1739 – On the Persian War in Karnal, Ottoman Ottoman Nadir Shah defeated the Indian army of Mughal Emperor Shah Alam.
- 1821 – Mexico secures independence from Spain.
- 1822 – The first Swami Narayan Temple in the world was inaugurated in Ahmedabad.
- 1831 – The Treaty of Dashing Rabbit Creek is the first treaty that was announced to be removed from the Indian Removal Act.
- 1882 – Infectious disease TB was identified on today.
- 1894 – Nicaragua captures the kingdom of Honduras, Tegucigalpa.
- 1895 – Cuba begins the fight for independence.
- 1918 – European country Estonia acquires independence from Russia.
- 1949 – Israel and Egypt signed a ceasefire agreement.
- 1949 – Ceasefire agreement between the Zionist regime and Egypt
- 1961 – The Madras Government decided to change the name of the state to Tamil Nadu.
- 1974 – Pakistan officially recognizes Bangladesh (announcement on February 22, is not confirmed)
- 1976 – Arrested by army chiefs in Argentina, arrest of President Mrs. Parry and dissolution of Parliament
- 1976 – Constitution has been adopted in Cuba
- 1991 – US and coalition forces launch ground war against Iraqi army
- 2001 – Pakistan prepares talks from India for nuclear prevention.
- 2003 – 257 people die from gruesome earthquake in Jijiang province of China.
- 2004 – Russian President Vladimir Putin removed Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov from his post.
- 2006 – After the coup attempt in the Philippines, the Emergency applies.
- 2008 – Reliance Power decides to issue bonus shares for the compensation of its share holders.
- 2008 – Shagun Sarabhai of Mumbai won the Miss India World Wide title in Johannesburg.
- 2009 – Central Government declares service tax reduction excise duty.
- 2013 – Raúl Castro was elected Cuban President for the second term.
The person born on February 24
- 1304 – Ibn Batuta – Arab Travelers, Books and Writers.
- 1525 – Portugal’s famous poet Louise Vas Camuens was born in Lisbon, Portugal.
- 1924 – Popular Indian ghazal singer Talat Mahmud was born.
- 1939 – Joy Mukherjee – Famous actor and producer director of Hindi films.
- 1948 – Jayalalithaa – Former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) was a famous leader of the party.
Death on February 24
- 1967 – Final Nizam of Usman Ali, Hyderabad
- 1986 – Rukmini Devi Arundale – Bharatnatyam’s famous Indian dancer.
- 1998 – Lalita Pawar, famous actress from Hindi films
- 2011 – Anant Pai – Founder of Indian Education Shastri, Amar Kathakatha.
- 2018 – Sridevi – was one of the well-known actresses of Indian cinema.
Important Events and Festivals of February 24
- Ms. Jayalalitha Jayanti
- Famous Actress Sridevi Memorial Day
- Central Excise (Warehouse) Day (India).