Skip to content
History – 23 January 2019
Important events of January 23
- 1556 – Thousands of people were killed in a devastating earthquake in China’s Shenxi province.
- 1570 – Earl of Scotland’s Ridge More was murdered.
- 1668 – England and Holland have mutual cooperation agreements.
- 1793 – The Human Society of Philadelphia was formed.
- 1799 – French troops occupy Naples Italy
- 1849 – Prussia proposed ‘German Union’ without Austria.
- 1849 – Elizabeth Blackwell becomes the first American woman to get a medical degree
- 1897 – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was born in Cuttack.
- 1913 – Nazim Pasha was killed in the Turkish Revolution of Turkey.
- 1920 – Holland refused to transfer William II of Germany to the Allies as a criminal of World War I.
- 1924 – On January 21, the Soviet Union officially announced the death of Lenin.
- 1965 – Durgapur Steel Plant started working
- 1968 – North Korea seized US ship USS Pueblo by accusing him of encroaching on his maritime boundary.
- 1973 – Agreement signed in the Vietnam War by American President Richard Nixon
- 1977 – Janata Party formed.
- 1991 – Iraq’s oil ministry bans sale of gasoline
- 1992 – Estonia’s Prime Minister Edgar Savissier resigns.
- 1993 – Iraq announces to follow the ceasefire by telling anti-aircraft accusations against the American fighter planes with false accusations.
- 2002 – Rashtriya Janata Dal President Lalu Prasad Yadav released on bail.
- 2003 – Joint opposition by the government, led by Lokendra Bahadur Chand, by dismissing the elected government by the monarchy of four major parties of Nepal.
- 2004 – In Madhya Pradesh, full ban imposed on cow slaughter.
- 2005 – Army jawans threw 6 people out of Farakka Express in Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh. 5 people died and one injured
- 2006 – India has approved the recommendation of granting Pak the status of the highest priority nation.
- 2007 – A manifesto was signed for the production of medium sized multipurpose transport aircraft between India and Russia.
- 2008 – To increase its presence in the Gulf region, Bank of Baroda plans to start its full operations in Bahrain.
- 2008 – An order worth Rs 1057 crore was found from Western Asia of engineering company Larsen & Toubro Limited.
- 2008 – The proposal to impose a third ban against Iran has been agreed between the world’s big powers.
- 2009- The ban on smoking scenes ended in film and television shows.
The person born on January 23
- 1814 – Cunningham – A British archaeologist, who is called “Father of Archeology Exploration of India”.
- 1897 – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Indian freedom fighter.
- 1926 – Bal Thackeray, Indian politician and founder of Shiv Sena
- 1930 – Derek Walcott, West Indian Writers, Nobel Prize Winner
Death on January 23
- 1924 – Shah Abdullah – King of Saudi Arabia.
- 1963 – Narendra Mohan Sen – Famous Kantikari of India.
- 1975 – Amiya Kumar Das – was an Indian social worker.
Important Events and Festivals of January 23
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti
- Mr. Baala Saheb Keshav Thakre Jayanti
- Shri Narendra Mohan Sen. Sacrifice Day