Skip to content
History -19 February 2019
Important events of February 19
- 1389 – Delhi’s Sultan Gahasudin Tughluq II was murdered.
- 1570 – With the help of the French army, the Duke of Enza attacked the southern Netherlands.
- 1618 – Venice and Australia’s war ended under the Treaty of Venice
- 1674 – British troops escaped from the Dutch war
- 1719 – Killing of Mughal ruler Farrukh Seier.
- 1807 – British soldiers arrived to help Russia in war with Turkey.
- 1878 – Thomas Edison patented phonograph
- 1891 – Amrit Bazar Patrika is published as daily.
- 1942 – During the Second World War, 243 people were killed in the attack by Japanese fighter aircraft at Darwin in northern Australian city.
- 1959 – An agreement was reached between Greece, Turkey and Britain about Cyprus’s independence.
- 1963 – The Soviet Union agreed to remove its troops from Cuba.
- 1986 – Computerized railway reservation ticket for the first time in the country commenced.
- 1989 – Muslim and Christian leaders go to Kuwait to negotiate with the Arab League with the aim of ending civil war in Lebanon
- 1991 – Demonstrators demanded the resignation of Romania’s President Ian Illufu.
- 1993 – A ship with 1500 passengers in the sea submerged near Haato
- 1999 – Danish scientist Lane Weestergard has succeeded in slowing down the speed of light in Washington.
- 2001 – Riots in Brazilian prisons, 8 dead, 7000 prisoners hosted hostage, ready to extradite Taliban bin Laden
- 2000 – Tuvalu became the 189th member of the United Nations.
- 2003 – The Parliament of Indonesia gave the arrangement to give 30 per cent tickets to every candidate in the general elections to be held in June 2004 for the female candidate.
- 2003 – United Arab Emirates handed Dawood’s brother Iqbal Shaikh and his ally Ejaz Pathan to India.
- 2004 – approval of the Stockholm Treaty imposing ban on pesticides and industrial chemicals by more than 50 countries worldwide.
- 2006 – Pakistan tests Huff II (Abdali) missile.
- 2007 – India-Bangladesh agree on counter-terrorism
- 2007 – 68 passengers died in fire after a blast in the car number 9001 Up Attari Special Samjhauta Express.
- 2008 – Sanskrit poet Swami Shriram Bhadracharya was given the Vachaspati Award for his epic, Shri Bharrawadhyayam.
- 2008 – President Pervez Musharraf was defeated in the general elections held in Pakistan.
- 2008 – Fidel Castro leaves the post of President of Cuba and the post of military chief.
- 2009- The Central Government decides to end that bill, in which 47 excellent educational institutions were arranged to keep out of the purview of reservation.
- 2012 – 44 people killed in Nuevo Leon prison in Mexico
The person born on February 19
- 1473 – Holland’s mathematician and astronomer Nicholas Copernicus was born. As a result of his hard work, he ascertained in 1503 that the earth completes its journey once in 24 hours around the sun.
- 1630 – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was the birthplace of the Greatest Maratha ruler and guerrilla warrior born in Junnar.
- 1717 – David Garrick – English actor and forum moderator.
- 1898 – Gokulbhai Bhatt – famous revolutionary and social worker of Rajasthan
- 1925 – Ram V. Sutar – a well-known craftsman of India.
- 1930 – K Vishwanath – South Indian film director
- 1964 Sonu Walia – film actress (not date confirm …).
Death on February 19
- 1895 – Munshi Navalkishore, a well-known publisher of Hindi, died.
- 1915 – Gopal Krishna Gokhale, freedom fighter, social worker, thinker and reformer
- 1951 – Famous writer and critic Andre Jade of France died at 82 years of age.
- 1956 – Narendra Dev – Famous scholar of India, socialist, thinker, educationist and patriot
- 1978 – Famous singer Pankaj Malik dies
- 1986 – Maulana Ezajul Haq Qudduxi, a noted writer, historian and scholar of Urdu, died.
- 1992 – Narayan Sridhar Bendre – was a famous Indian painter.
- 1997 – Deng Xiaow Peng, the senior leader of China and the founder of economic reform in the country, died at 92 years of age.
- 2017 – Altamas Kabir – was the 39th Chief Justice of India.
Important Events and Festivals of February 19
- HOLIKA ROAPANI ROCHANAM
- Body Lily Jayanti
- Ma Jayanti Devi (Pt.)
- Chamber main bath
- Guru Golwalkar Jayanti
- Sharatpati Shivaji Jayanti (according to date)
- Sat Guru Ravidas Jayanti
- Shree Gopal Krishna Gokhale Day.