Skip to content
Important events of 10th March
- 1624 – England announces war against Spain.
- 1801 – Census for the first time in Great Britain
- 1847 – First coin was cast in Hawaii.
- 1862 – Great Britain and France recognize Zanzibar’s independence.
- 1876 - Graham Well spoke to his friend for the first time on a telephone. He told his friend “Listen to my voice, I’m Alexander Graham Bell.”
- 1893 – Ivory Coast becomes part of the French Empire.
- 1896 – The people of Shyam Varna of Italy, who invaded Ethiopia, were defeated at the place called Atava.
- 1906 – Around 11 hundred people died in a mine accident in northern France.
- 1922 – Mahatma Gandhi arrested, accused of treason, imprisonment for six years, but released two years later
- 1922 – China sign nuclear non-proliferation treaty.
- 1945 – During World War II, American warplanes make a fierce bombing of Tokyo’s capital Tokyo. Due to which nearly 1 million ordinary citizens of Tokyo were killed.
- 1945 – Japan declares Vietnam as an independent country.
- 1946 – 1855 people died in a train accident in Brazil.
- 1959 – Revolt against China’s policies in Lhasa, Tibet’s capital Although China had started taking possession of Tibet a decade ago from October 1950.
- 1969 – Martin Luther King murderer James Earl Ray was sentenced to 99 years in prison.
- 1973 – The British governor and his colleague were shot dead in Bermuda, located in the Atlantic Ocean area.
- 1985 – India won the Benson and Hedges Cricket World Cup.
- 1998 – President of Indonesia Suharto elected for the seventh consecutive presidential election.
- 2002 – Removal of restrictions on the arrival of Palestinian President Yasser Arafat.
- 2002 – Pakistan proposed the meeting of the SAARC Home Ministers.
- 2003 – North Korea test cruise missile
- 2003 – United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan urged members of the Security Council to remove their differences about Iraq’s disarmament and establish a general opinion.
- 2006 – 26 killed in landmine blast in Quetta city of Pakistan
- 2007 – Viswanathan Anand reached the top spot in chess by defeating Vasilyivanchal of Ukraine.
- 2008 – Lefault Front reinstated in Tripura, led by Manik Sarkar
- 2008 – Senior Congress leader D. D. Lapang sworn in as Chief Minister of Meghalaya
- 2008 – Abdullah Badawi of Malaysia becomes the Prime Minister of the country.
- 2010 – Women’s Reservation Bill passed in Upper House Rajya Sabha of Indian Parliament
- 2017- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye removed from the post of constitutional court.
- 2018 – Two people died in Sri Lankan communal riots, ten injured
Born on 10th March
- 1861 – Canadian poet Poetry Mrs. Pollyn Johnson was born. He was born in the Rand Indian caste group, which had to flee to Canada in particular.
- 1872 – India’s Independence Movement leader Maulana Ubaidullah Sindhi was born. He had run a silky movement, but this movement failed.
- 1932 – Udupi Ramchandra Rao – Former Chairman of Space Scientists and ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).
- 1934 – Lalon Prasad Vyas was a renowned social reformer of India.
- 1945 – Madhavrao Scindia – Famous Congress leader.
- 1981 – Wajid Khan – India’s famous painter and internationally renowned Iron Nail Artist, is a patent holder and inventor.
Death on March 10
- 1897 – Savitribai Phule – the first principal and first founder of the first school girl of India.
- 1959 – Mukund Rama Rao Jayakar – Famous educationist, social worker, judge, law scholar and constitutionist.
Important occasions and celebrations of March 10
- Remati Savitribai Phule Puyaya Diya