Skip to content
Important events of March 8
- 1534 – Bahadur Shah of Gujarat looted Chittorgarh.
- 1702 – After the death of King William III of England, Mohrani Anne took over the power
- 1907 – British House of Commons turned down a bill related to women’s suffrage.
- 1908 – Several thousand women in New York participated in a rally regarding better pay for work, less hours and the right to vote.
- 1909 – The American Socialist Party of that time celebrated National Women’s Day for the first time.
- 1911 – International Women’s Day was celebrated for the first time in Europe.
- 1917 – ‘February Revolution’ began in St Petersburg, Russia with riot and attack.
- 1921 – President Edwardo Dato was assassinated while leaving Parliament in Madrid’s capital Madrid.
- 1930 – Mahatma Gandhi launched Civil Disobedience Movement.
- 1942 – Japanese Army occupy Rangoon of Varma during World War II.
- 1948 – Air India International was established.
- 1957 – The legendary Indian leader Bal Gangadhar Kher dies
- 1968 – Moro Liberation Front launched armed struggle against then President and Tanshah Marcos in Philippine.
- 1972 – Bomb blasts in an airfield at the Las Vegas Airport of America
- 1985 – A car bomb exploded in Beirut killed 80 people and injured more than 175 people.
- 2001 – The National Integration Government, under the leadership of Sharon in Israel, was sworn in.
- 2006 – Russia withdraws its proposal on Iran affairs.
- 2008 – Bombay Stock Exchange suspends business in ten companies’ shares due to non-fulfillment of provisions related to listing.
- 2008 – Filmfare of Footpath represented India in the Cairo International Festival for Children.
- 2009 – India’s leading goalkeeper Jyoti Randhawa won the Thailand Open title.
- 2017- Suspicions on ISIS on blasts in Bhopal-Ujjain Passenger train in Madhya Pradesh; First attack of ISIS on the country.
- 2018- Nafiyu Rio sworn in as the 9th Chief Minister of the Indian state of Nagaland.
- 2018- The Supreme Court of India permits the conditional will and death.
Born on March 8th
- 1864 – Hari Narayan Apte – famous Marathi-speaking novelist, dramatist and poet.
- 1889 – Gopi Chand Bhargava – First Chairman of ‘Gandhi Smarak Nidhi’, Gandhian leader, freedom fighter and first Chief Minister of Punjab.
- 1889 – Vishwanath Das – Indian politician. These were the chief ministers of British India’s Orissa province.
- 1897 – Damera Rama Rao, Indian artist.
- 1921 – Sahir Ludhiyanvi, Indian songwriter and poet.
- 1953 – Vasundhara Raje Scindia, Rajasthan’s first woman chief minister.
- 1955 – Jimmy George is not only one of India’s ten best volleyball players.
- 1974 – Fardeen Khan, Indian actor (1972 also gets a description).
- 1989 – Harmanpreet Kaur – Indian female cricket player.
Death on March 8
- 1535 – Queen Kannavati was queen of Mewar.
- 1875 – Mirza Salamat Ali Debir, the famous poet of Urdu who says the Marsea of Urdu, died.
- 1957 – Bal Gangadhar Kher – Famous National Leader of India
- 2015- Vinod Mehta- Founder and Famous Journalist of Outlook
Important occasions and celebrations of March 8
- Fair Mr. Khatushyamji started
- Shri Ramkrishna Paramahansa Jayanti (As per date).
- International Women’s Day.