Skip to content
Important events of March 3
- 1575 – Mughal emperor Akbar defeated the Bengali army in the battle of Tukaroi.
- 1707 – Sixth Mughal emperor Aurangzeb passed away and Bahadur Shah I took over the throne
- 1923 – Time magazine’s first release happened.
- 1939 – Mahatma Gandhi, in Mumbai city of India, accelerate against autocratic rule.
- 1971 – Indo-Pak war started and open support of India’s liberation Bahini was announced.
- 1974 – Turkey Airlines’s DC10 aircraft crashed near Paris, due to which all 345 people aboard the plane died.
- 1980 – Pierre Trediu takes oath as the Prime Minister of Canada for the second time.
- 1992 – Bosnia Herzegovina is separated from Yogoslavia after a referendum.
- 1992 – A gas explosion in the coal mine of Turkey killed 263 people.
- 1999 – Abdul Rahman becomes the first person of Arab origin to become a judge of the Israeli Supreme Court.
- 2000 – Criminal conviction of General Tihomir Blaski of Croatia to 45 years in prison by International Criminal Tribunal
- 2005 – National Defense Council headed by President Victor Yushchenko of Ukraine decides to withdraw its troops from Iraq.
- 2006 – Removal of Emergency in the Philippines.
- 2007 – Pakistan tests Hatf-2 Abdali ballistic missile.
- 2008 – 75% turnout in the elections for new assembly in Meghalaya.
- 2008 – To prevent female feticide, the Central Government launched a new scheme, namely, Money Laxmi.
- 2008 – 22 terrorists killed in NATO and Afghan Security Forces campaign in southern Afghanistan
- 2009 – Armed people opened fire on the bus of Sri Lankan cricket team going to play in Lahore, Pakistan.
- 2009 – State Bank of India launches smart unit scheme.
- 2012 – 16 people were killed and 50 injured in a collision between two trains in Poland.
- 2013 – 45 killed in Karachi bomb blast in Pakistan
- 2013 – The United Nations announces to be celebrated on March 3 as World Wildlife Day.
A person born on March 3
- 1839 – Jamsetji Tata, the founder of Tata Group, was born.
- 1847 – Alexander Graham Bell, who invented the telephone, was born.
- 1880 – Achchant Laxmipathy – famous for the promotion of Ayurvedic medicines.
- 1902 – Ramkrishna Khatri – was one of India’s leading revolutionaries.
- 1926 – Ravi (composer) – was a famous musician in Hindi films.
- 1955 – Jaspal Bhatti, Famous Comedian
- 1976 – Rifleman Sanjay Kumar, Indian soldiers honored with Param Vir Chakra.
Death on 3rd March
- 1707 – Aurangzeb, Mughal Emperor of India
- 1900 – A German scientist named Cotellib Dimiler passed away at 64 years of age.
- 1919 – Hari Narayan Apte – famous Marathi-speaking novelist, dramatist and poet.
- 1982 – Shire Firak Gorakhpuri, who won the first Gyanpith award for Urdu literature, died.
- 2002 – G.M.C. Balayogi, a famous politician, former Lok Sabha Speaker.
- 2009 – Yadavendra Sharma ‘Chandra’ – The most talked-about and famous novelist, story writer and playwright in Rajasthan
- 2015 – Dr. Nishambhu, the famous literary figure of child literature.
Important Opportunities and Celebrations of March 3
- Shree Munisuvrat Nath Ji Moksh (Jain)
- Rifleman Shri Sanjay Kumar Jayanti (awarded with Param Vir Chakra).
- World Wildlife Day