Important events of March 1
- 1640 – UK got permission to open trade center in Madras.
- 1775 – Purandhar Pact signed between Nana Fadnavis and Britain
- 1896 – What is the reason for radioactivity due to the use of a scientific ende bacterial, it was first detected.
- 1908 – Tata Iron and Steel Company was established in Jamshedpur.
- 1919 – Mahatma Gandhi announced the launch of satyagraha against the Rallet Act.
- 1947 – International Monetary Fund started its financial work.
- 1954 – America made the biggest explosion on behalf of any human in the Bikini Islands of the Marshall Islands in the Pacific region. It is believed that there were more than thousand times more powerful bombs than atom bomb destroying hydrogen bomb Hiroshima.
- 1966 – British Finance Minister James Kellahan announced a change in the British currency system.
- 1969 – First Capital Train between New Delhi-Kolkata start.
- 1996 – Agree to establish India, Russia, China and Iran Asian Foundation for the Institute of Thermonuclear Studies, with the aim of establishing Thermo Nusliar Reactor for the generation of electricity.
- 1999 – The International Treaty (Ottawa Treaty) related to the ban on the production and use of human minesum landmines (Anti-Perseignile Mines) came into force.
- 2000 – Mubarak Al Shamekh appointed Mohammed Ahmed Al Gayoom as the new Prime Minister of Libya
- 2001 – Earthquake in North-Western America, Fiji’s interim government declared illegal, UK ban on 21 terrorist organizations including Lashkar-e-Taiba.
- 2002 – Ending the currency of the 10 countries of the euro zone, ‘Euro’ now make a valid posture of 30 million people.
- 2004 – President of Russia appointed Mikhail Fradkov as the Prime Minister. Haiti’s President Joe Burtra Aassted left the country and fled to South Africa.
- 2005 – Soyuz-U Rocket launches from Kazakhstan’s Bakanur Space Center
- 2006 – US President George W. Bush arrives in India on a state visit.
- 2007 – Amulya Nath Sharma became Nepal’s first Bishop.
- 2008 – Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekhar of Uttar Pradesh leaves the responsibility of the government head of the Secretariat and the status of the cabinet minister.
- 2008 – In the Private Sector, the country’s largest commerce bank ICICI Bank Limited opened its branch in New York.
- 2008 – Scientists claim no evidence of the presence of water flowing on Mars.
- 2009 – President Pratibha Patil announces Chawla to be the next Chief Election Commissioner
- 2010 – During the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Saudi Arabia, ten agreements in trade, science-technology, culture, etc. including the extradition treaty between the two countries were signed.
- 2010 – India defeated Pakistan 4-1 in the first match of the Hockey World Cup.
A person born on March 1
- 1917 – Kartar Singh Duggal – Famous literary writer in Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu languages.
- 1951 – Nitish Kumar, Famous Politician and Former Railway Minister, 22nd Chief Minister of Bihar
- 1968 – Salil Ankola, Indian cricketer and TV actor
- 1968 – Kunjarani Devi, Indian Women Weightlifter Player.
- 1983 – Mary Kom – Indian female boxer.
Death on March 1
- 1914 – Lord Minto II was Viceroy and Governor-General of India.
- 1988 – Sohan Lal Dwivedi – Famous poet of Hindi
- 1989 – Vasantdada Patil, Indian politician
- 2017-Tarak Mehta – was a Gujarati literary writer.
Important Events and Festivals of March 1
- Boxer Mary Kom’s Birthday
- Shri Nitish Kumar Birthdays.